Saturday, June 23, 2007

'Chang' - Dumpling

My first ever attempt on making a 'chang' (dumpling).
It literally took me half an hour to wrap/tie the first one.
Gosh.
Why does everything always looks so easy when it's someone else who's doing it.

This is the first!
It's pretty decent looking... Not too bad.
:)


Bak Chang (salty dumpling?)
Though it lacks all those yummy ingredients like.. errm.. Chestnuts, Salted Egg Yolks etc, it's still good.
Oh well, there's really no way for me to get them here anyways.



More! More!
It really gets so so much easier once you get the hang of it.



'Puah Kiam Ti Chang' (Half sweet half salty dumpling!)

Fillings for it.


Since I don't have a pot big enough to steam all of them, and of course, being lazy to wait for it to cook, boiling it take much much lesser time. :)
But then, the taste comes out into the water.
Hmmm... maybe I can drink the water as if it's soup??


Final product


:)
Yum.
*smiles proudly*


It'll take me much much more practice before I'll be able to wrap 'kee chang' (alkaline dumpling).
Lots of skill.
Ah... I can't wait till I'll be able to make those.
Miss those so much.
Should definitely look out for good palm sugar now. Since there's no gula melaka here.
*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home